We are beginning to use our site more and more. It is incredible for student engagement, as well as providing electronic resources easily to the entire class. The great thing about the site is that students can share a device and access the same information. They can see what text they're reading, or they can view a power point that will remind them how to write complex sentences at level 3 of the curriculum. I'm also able to share slides and videos for students to watch and view to help them with their comprehension - I've specifically used slides and videos to share information surrounding maori myths and legends with my class. They found it quite difficult to understand that they're not true or false, they're just what some people believe. It was quite black and white, either it's true or it's not. We looked at Matariki and the many stories surrounding the arrival of the Matariki cluster, in order to challenge our thinking around myths, beliefs and legends.
I am a Year 7 & 8 teacher at Kaingaroa School, located in beautiful Northland, New Zealand. I use this blog to share aspects of my teaching practice, inquiry, and professional development.
Friday, 15 June 2018
Digital Fluency in Kereru Whanau 2018
We are beginning to use our site more and more. It is incredible for student engagement, as well as providing electronic resources easily to the entire class. The great thing about the site is that students can share a device and access the same information. They can see what text they're reading, or they can view a power point that will remind them how to write complex sentences at level 3 of the curriculum. I'm also able to share slides and videos for students to watch and view to help them with their comprehension - I've specifically used slides and videos to share information surrounding maori myths and legends with my class. They found it quite difficult to understand that they're not true or false, they're just what some people believe. It was quite black and white, either it's true or it's not. We looked at Matariki and the many stories surrounding the arrival of the Matariki cluster, in order to challenge our thinking around myths, beliefs and legends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment