![]() |
Ko Te Moana-nui-a-kiwa te moana.
Ko Maamaru te waka.
Ko Parata te tangata.
Ko Kahutianui te tupuna.
Ko Ngati Kahu te iwi.
Ko Te Paatu te hapu.
Ko Te Paatu te marae.
Ko Gemma-Lee Fleet ahau.
My name is Gemma-Lee Fleet. I was born and raised in Kaitaia, New Zealand. I attended Abundant Life School up until Year 7, transferring to Kaitaia Intermediate for my 8th year. Kaitaia College was my home right through to Year 13, where I was fortunate enough to be 'crowned' Head Girl in 2009.
After high school, I ventured out into the world, and moved all the way to Hamilton (7 hour drive) where I studied at The University of Waikato. In 2013, I completed my Bachelor of Arts - majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Tikanga/Maori Cultural Studies. Within my degree, I also completed papers in Political Science, Sport and Recreation, Te Reo Maori, and Business Management.
After all the excitement of the city life, I moved home to Kaitaia in 2015, and completed my Post-Graduate Diploma in Primary Teaching, extramural, in 2016. I began my teaching career the following year in 2017 and taught years 3 & 4. I'm now in my second year of teaching, which we all know is almost like the final lap before REGISTRATION, and teaching years 4 & 5. I'm really looking forward to what this year brings.

No comments:
Post a Comment