Pages

Saturday, 16 June 2018

Parent communications



Image result for communication

11.06.18

I have built positive relationships with most of my parents so far this year. I communicate with majority of them via text as it is easy, fast and casual. Often I see parents at sporting events, for example parent C, student C’s Mum is often at the netball courts on Thursday evenings supporting her oldest daughter. I’ve been in contact with student D’s parents regarding his learning, as well as parent A, student A’s Mum, to keep the communication open between us throughout the year.

I recently contacted parent E, student E’s Dad, regarding his medication as he will be staying overnight on Thursday for our kapa haka wananga. parent E seemed happy to have a conversation over the phone and discuss a plan for student E.

I decided to give my cell phone number out to parents and caregivers and it has made a positive impact as I’m able to contact family quickly and casually.



13.03.2018

I have began to make contact with the caregivers of students in my class to build and maintain positive relationships at the start of the school year. I have been in contact with parent A, student A’s Mum, 3 times this term (we’re now in week 7). I have done this twice via text message and one face-to-face encounter - all 3 exchanges have been focused on student A’s positive behaviour in the classroom and his motivation towards his learning goals. I am making these connections to encourage this behaviour as the behaviour I expect in class, as well as continuing to build that relationship with student A and his whanau.

I have also been in contact with parent B, student B’s Mum, as he had some learning difficulties last year. We have discussed the medication student B is currently taking and the changes I have seen in the classroom. The focus of our conversations is often based on student B’s hard work with his writing - he has shifted from a 1P last year to a 2B this year - as well as his improved confidence during swimming.

I met casually with a number of parents during the junior school camp in order to reintroduce myself and make that initial connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment