Stress! Let's talk stress.
I feel like I've been in a constant state of stress the last two and half years. Studying full time to be a teacher for a year, so fitting a post graduate qualification into less than 12 months, and then being a first year teacher, I have never experienced stress of this level before.
I fell really ill into my first year of teaching. I had issues with my digestive system where I was unable to eat food without spitting it back up, I was constantly nauseous, and due to the fact I couldn't eat, my body wasn't functioning the way it should. Taking time off work to 'heal' seemed like a good idea at the time, but as a Taurus, I also struggled with the reality of returning to work with even more work to have completed. Later in the year, I developed psoriasis, a terrible skin disease that has no cure and is the result of stress. This was the worst as my entire body was covered in what looked like little red spots, they were incredibly itchy and dry. My students even said it looked like I had chicken pox. Finally after over a month, my skin started to heal. I wasn't sure if it was a single thing in isolation or a combination of things that helped my skin heal, but I was the most grateful I had been in a while.
I have felt relativity stressed this year, but not to the extent of my first year teaching. I doubt I will ever experience that high level of stress again. My body this year has decided to react to the stress by blessing me with beautiful white hairs in amongst my dark locks. Such a sight for 25 year old.
This journey has made me realise that although my mahi is important, so am I. And without allowing myself the time and energy to reset, heal, reground, I won't be able to be my best possible self. So this year I am focusing on healing, calmness, and increasing my vibrations to be my higher self.

No comments:
Post a Comment